2012/06/23

Enoshima Island- 1

Enoshima is a small island in Sagami-bay. But you don't need to get on board a boat, since you can walk from mainland to the island through the bridge. And this island is popular as a weekend destination because it is easy to access to the island from Tokyo.

Nearest station is Enoden's"Enoshima" station. It takes about 20 minutes by walk from the station to the island.

For me, this small island is also nostalgic island. When I was kid, my parents took me to Enoshima during summer holidays.

enoshima station

let's start to walk!

I almost arrived the bridge to the island.

this is a long bridge and we also need to walk in the island,
so I don't  recommend high-heeled shoes for girls.
walking shoes is better.

now you can see enoshima- island over there!

because of the weather, the sky and the sea are not blue...

just arrived in enoshima!

this path leads to a shrine which dedicated to benzaiten,
the goddess of music and entertainment.
there are many small shops, restaurants and accomodations both side of this path. 

an old, small post office

an unique, black painted post!!

I had lunch at small restaurant.

"enoshima teisyoku(lunch set)", about 2,500yen
finely chopped horse mackerel, a grilled turban shell and clams,
rice, miso soup, seaweed salad and pickels.
about young sardines, I bought it from a vender and ate on the street!

After lunch, I started to walk again. I headed to the Enoshima Shrine.
Because the shrine is famous, most people don't forget to visit, but there are many other interesting things.
A light house on the top of this island. Small passages, nostalgic restaurants, cats from mainland, a marina...

If you walk around in this island, you will find something.

Something unique, and something sweet.
Slow and nostalgic time, that's what I found in Enoshima Island.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿